Tuesday, July 25, 2017

so it begins

Hello, welcome to the blog.





This is the first post, and since no one really cares about a first post let's not put too much effort into it.  : )

I know I am late the party to blogging, I was also late to miniature wargaming; as I didn't know it existed till my late 20s, and now I've been doing this for over 10 years,  so maybe the blog will be as long lived.  I really enjoy this hobby and talking about it endlessly.

Starting this for 3 big reasons.  for One; I'd like a little wargame journal for games played, thoughts, ramblings, and a nice way to document progress on projects.

for Two: over the years, I've come to enjoy other people's blogs, especially when starting a new projects, genre, terrain.... etc..  And seeing what other people did, what worked for them, what didn't, and now i'd like to contribute to that online literature.  I've also enjoyed rules reviews, miniature reviews, product reviews.  Really, there is a whole body of work out there of people who like to share and help, and I'd like to give back a little if I could.  That will, of course, depend if anyone reads this blog and finds in interesting or helpful, something that remains to be seen.

and for Three: to increase the sense of community.  it's really a small niche hobby after all, and i can never do as much gaming as I like, so this can be an outlet for that and to communicate with others.

So there you have it.  Starting this because I'd like to be able to look back at my wargaming, and maybe give back a bit.  Also because I think it'll be fun of course, adding another facet to this wargaming hobby.

What to expect? Not so sure really.






1 comment:

  1. Nice opener! I pretty much had the same reasons. Even later to the party (2019).

    ReplyDelete